SUMMARY: Manages design, development, implementation, and maintenance of database(s).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews and analyzes database requirements; develops detailed database design specifications to meet identified requirements.
- Reviews and analyzes user needs; determines equipment and software requirements for solutions to problems.
- Installs, maintains, and tunes databases.
- Manages and implements database security and user accounts.
- Designs and implements backup and recovery strategies.
- Assists with the design and development of data models as needed.
- Assists with the development and implementation of database standards and methodologies.
- Researches, recommends and implements all database software upgrades.
- Manages accounts and passwords; changes and updates as needed.
- On a daily basis analyzes and reports on database metrics; administers and controls data resources; monitors and ensures database integrity, security, and performance; and implements tools to improve database performance.
- Investigates and thoroughly understands developments in database administration and computer technology.
- Assists with training and problem solving as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
· Minimum bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in related field or equivalent.
· Four to six years related experience or equivalent.
· Must have a working knowledge of data modeling; database administration
problems and requirements; and database analysis and design procedures,
techniques, and implementation.
· Commitment to excellence and high standards.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
· Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
· Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing
priorities with enthusiasm.
· Acute attention to detail.
· Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
· Proficient in SQL
· Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
· Creative, flexible, and innovative team player.
· Ability to work on complex projects with general direction and minimal guidance.
· Working knowledge and understanding of the basic principles, theories, concepts, and practices in the applicable area of engineering/technical specialization.
· Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
· Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.